Lots of Coughing and other Respiratory distress along with flu out there. Don’t despair! Here’s some GREAT tips to stay healthy when everyone around you is sick:
1) Drink LOTS of Water (not juice, tea, coffee, etc!)
2) Add more Cinnamon to your foods. I mix it into my coffee.
3) Get some Azact at Wright Chiropractic and start taking that. It’s a fabulous immuno-booster
4) Honey. An age-old remedy with research-upholding benefits. For example:
2007 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine study involving 105 children ages 2-18 with upper respiratory infections, children who were given buckwheat honey (between 1/2 and 2 teaspoons prior to bedtime, depending on age) coughed less and slept better than children who did not receive any honey or who received honey-flavored dextromethorphan (the primary active ingredient in many cough and cold medications).
5) BELLY BREATHE for at least 5 min a day. This clears toxins and helps reduce stress. If you’re not used to breathing that deep (which many of us aren;t) you might get a bit light-headed at first. Just do what you can do and build up to 5 min.
6) And of course- Get your Spinal Adjustment. The less stress in your body, the better it can fight unwanted illness.
7) Don’t forget to decrease your processed foods and eat more veggies, fruits, and healthy meats!