About half of all expectant mothers will develop lower back pain some time during their pregnancy. With the average weight gain of 25 to 30lbs, you will find your center of gravity shifting and causing additional stress on your lower back. Many women have found relief to their lower back pain and have had easier deliveries by receiving chiropractic care throughout their pregnancy. Scientific studies have found that spinal manipulation carries no increased risk to the mother or baby. Chiropractic care is also helpful after delivery as your body starts to tighten up those loose ligaments that developed during your pregnancy. It is important to make sure your joints are aligned before your muscles return back to their pre-pregnancy state. Don’t forget to have your newborn baby checked while you’re at it.
Tips & Recommentations
- Get regular Chiropractic checkups.
- Do safe exercises like walking, swimming, stationary cycling.
- Wear flat shoes with good arch supports.
- Use pregnancy pillow or full body pillow when sleeping.
- Eat small meals or snacks every four hours.
- Take a good nutritional supplement with at least 400mcg of Folic Acid.
- Check your worksite for correct ergonomics especially if you are using a computer.
Chiropractic care works on correcting misalignments that cause lower back pain associated with pregnancy. To see if chiropractic may be able to help you call 817-594-5944 today for a complimentary consultation.
Read more about Chiropractic care for pregnancy provided by Wright Chiropractic.
|< Prev||Next >|